Monday, August 26, 2013

Me time

I actually took a weekend and did something for myself! I had a little break in between clients so I found myself a $20 table, used an old hutch that had come with a dresser I purchased (I knew I'd end up using it for something), and spend $15 on a 10 foot pine board at Lowe's. The hutch had a mirror in it so I removed the mirror and the corner shelves (useless) and replaced them with the cut pine boards. I used corner braces to screw them in a few places since the shelves would be holding lots of paint. They needed to be sturdy. I cleaned it all up well, primed it and then painted it Turkish Tile from Valspar. I wanted a BRIGHT and RICH color to keep me happy while working hard out there in that sad, blah garage. OK, so here are all the befores...



The next two are in between pictures of the hutch. I had removed the mirror and corner shelves and then installed the new shelves.



Primed...It looks better already, doesn't it?!


And here it is put together and then all set up with supplies!




I'm sooooo happy I had time to get this done because I'd already been so unorganized for a while and it was only getting worse! I still haven't gotten everything in order but this is a big start. I think I'll get some storage bins or hey, maybe even a cheapo Craigslist dresser for more storage underneath at some point. I am so proud of myself! :)

I have another reveal coming up in a day or two of a 1930's Typewriter desk and a chair the client brought to go with it. She wanted the top of the desk stained the same color as the chair and then the seat reupholstered. It looks amazing! It was A LOT of work, that desk. It was in rough shape, much more so than it looked but it's done (whewf!) and I'll have pictures by Wednesday. Then I have another small nursery set in the next week and it's NOT white! So that's going to be fun. Alrighty, I'm off! See you all soon!

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely Gorgeous - and such an ingenious use!! Love the Colour :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm loving the color so much! It's such a bright, happy burst in that boring garage!

      Delete
  2. That is the prettiest paint storage I have ever seen! I need you to come over to my garage :) Thanks for following me! I love your work. I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elisha! I'm so glad I was able to get it done. It's much easier to find my paint now. :)

      Delete