Friday, August 9, 2013

Early reveal! Yay!

I got done with my pieces early enough to get pictures today so that was unexpected. SO I have one of my reveals early for you. The other I actually didn't get pictures of because I'm going to have to get my husband to help me move it but I'll have that one for you tomorrow. :)

OK, so if you've been following me you know that I've been working on a Union Jack dresser for some time now. I was mainly waiting on the matching nightstand to be delivered but I finally got it this week and was able to finish it all up. That feels nice. So this piece took me (the big dresser) 15 hours!!!!!! The longest part was figuring out the flag but of course I found a lovely "map" of it on Pinterest which I'll be sharing with you, and that helped but still...I taped and retaped a few times. I had already decided I was going to do the flag on the drawer of the nightstand when I got it but when I sat down to map it out it just wasn't going to work. I felt like it just wouldn't look right so I decided to just paint it red. OK, so before I show you the pictures I'm going to give you a few tips. First of all, use the map thingy (here). Second, wherever you're going to paint the flag, paint the entire thing white first, or whatever color you plan to use for the white places. I thought I was so smart and the I took the tape off and realized that I would either have to tape it again around the white or very carefully hand paint it. The taping took forever so I hand painted the white in super carefully and still ended up having to touch it up. My pretty lines weren't as pretty. I guess there's not a third but those are big ones. Oh, third, have a tape measure on hand. So yeah...anyhoosers, now we get to the pictures. :)

Before...I totally forgot to take my own but these work just fine.


And after!


I glazed over both the dresser and nightstand to antique it. I think it adds so much more charm to it. Perfect is kind of boring. So there ya go. And I'll see you tomorrow for a tv console reveal. Happy Friday!!

2 comments:

  1. I popped over from Better After.... WOW!! Love this, turned out fabulous! Your client must be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete