Sunday, April 13, 2014

Broken coffee table into cocktail ottoman!

Well...I'm just tickled about how well this turned out. When I went to the store to get everything I needed to transform this broken table into an ottoman I had a completely different idea in my head. I had planned to paint the frame white and distress it with a map fabric on the cushion. Instead I came home with a spa blue damask fabric and ivory paint...and I didn't distress it. I'm in love! If it doesn't sell quickly I may end up keeping it!

Here is the not so lovely before.


Not only had the glass been broken but the X bars had been destroyed. I considered repairing them but why make life difficult? They would have been too brittle and I don't want a piece breaking in a client's house. That's just bad business. So I removed them and sawed off the pegs that they attached to. I painted the whole thing in Madison Avenue by Valspar and then added a cushion top with the GORGEOUS spa blue damask fabric I found at Joann's. I have so much left I'm seriously considering reupholstering my dining chairs with it. I don't care for the current fabric and I just love this SO MUCH! My set is black, though, so I need to put them together to really see how it looks. Anyway, here are the after pictures! She's for sale!!




Isn't she gorgeous!? And comfy, too! That's 3 inch foam!

No comments:

Post a Comment