Monday, September 16, 2013

Well, this will just have to do!

I finally have the after pics of the 1930's Typewriter desk! Ain't that somethin'? Took me long enough, right? Yeah, OK. So when I bought this desk is what pretty beat up. I mean you try living 70 or so years without a few scars, right? Once I started working on it, though, I realized that it was in worse shape than it seemed. I had my hands full and spent several more hours than I projected to have it done! But I did it and I learned some things along the way. One being that wood filler is great but you may have to apply and sand two or three times to get the results you want. Also, do not buy the wood filler in the tubes. It's just not the same even with the same brand name. Buy a tub because you're probably going to use it eventually. Also, I suggest getting "paintable" AND "stainable". They're right next to each other...do yourself a favor and get them both.

Here he is before:




And here he is after:



The body is painted Royal Navy, the top was restained in Cherry, and I gave him some new hardware. He was missing a knob and the client who bought this likes vintage with a modern twist and I thought these were perfect. I also reupholstered her old chair to match the desk. Here are befores and afters of it.


It's amazing how paint or new fabric totally transforms!

I've got a BUNCH of new stuff coming soon that I'll be taking to the fair this coming Saturday so be looking out for them!! I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment