Monday, August 18, 2014

Great Gatsby!!

I was so sure I had blogged about this piece months ago but apparently NOT! Life has been busy busy. My husband and I downsized and moved into a smaller house, I've been helping my mom with yard sales galore and so much more! I still feel like I'm moving in nearly two months later but I guess that's the way it goes. I need to go through my stuff desperately and have a yard sale soon.

Anyway, this cabinet. I saw it at Goodwill one day, in the back as the door was closing behind an employee. I stalked this piece for 5 days until I finally just asked if someone would bring it out. Then I bought it on the spot! I knew this was a special piece. I honestly didn't have a clue what I was going to do with it but I knew I had to have it. Two weeks passed before I had my epiphany. I had been thinking I'd just paint it white and distress it. It's really hard to go wrong with that but it just didn't feel right for this one. It needed to be the center of attention. It was special! Then BAM! I realized!! Roaring 20's baby! And boy does it fit! Hand painting the gold and silver accents was painstaking but it turned out so amazing! I loved it so much I nearly decided to change my whole home decor to Art Deco!

So here it is before, already gutted for me.

And here we are after! I saw a dry bar but it could be used for any sort of storage and display.






Gorgeous, right!! It's for sale, too! Go to Facebook.com/ThePaintedCottageSC and send me a message if you're interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment