Thursday, June 13, 2013

It's been a while

Well, I realize it has been a while since I've posted but I haven't forgotten! I've just been so busy that I took some time off of refinishing furniture to get some stuff done around the house. That is the beauty of my job...gosh dang I love it. Anyway! I just finished a dresser yesterday for a customer who wanted to do an Americana theme in her boys' bedroom. She wanted a dresser to go with that but didn't want it to be something that would grow outdated too quickly. I suggested blue because you can change your decor to just about anything and it still work and she took my advice. I really love this dresser. If it hadn't already been promised to someone I would have brought it straight in the house last night and loaded it down with my husbands clothes!

So here is the before. Just a plain old dresser, although the details are nice, and mismatching/missing hardware.



I used Valspar Indigo Streamer and made my own chalk paint, distressed it a little, then put two coats of polyurethane on it and updated the hardware. And here we are!




I'm going to get more of this color because I like it so much! Oh, and one more thing! I finally got some business cards and I'm just so proud and plus they are super pretty so here is a picture of that!


Yay! Ok, see y'all next time! I'm going to try to get several pieces done by next Friday so I might post a lot next week. Just keep checking back. And have a look see at my Facebook page HERE! And do me a huge favor and "Like" it. Word of mouth is my only real life source so I depend on people such as yourself to spread the word. I appreciate it and have a wonderful weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm your first follower on bloglovin! And a fellow SC furniture lover! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete